The doctors and staff at the Port Elgin Veterinary Clinic take pride in making your pet's health our primary concern. We also believe that giving back to the community is very important. Here is a glimpse of some of the ways (past and present) that we have supported and contributed to the community that we call home and to our veterinary community.
- College of Veterinarians of Ontario
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Association
- Canadian Veterinary Medical Association
- Grey Bruce Veterinary Association
- American Academy of Veterinary Dentistry
- Cornell Feline Health Centre
- Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
Animal Health and Welfare
- Pet Trust, Ontario Veterinary College (Dr. Crabbe board member 12 years, chairman 6 of those years, continual financial support)
- Annual Christmas Pet Food/Pet Supply Drive (support of local pet adoption organizations and animal shelters)
- Financial support or prizes to various events sponsored by O.S.P.C.A., Ontario Humane Society, Canine Vision.
Town of Port Elgin
- Chamber of Commerce member
- Saugeen District High School student Co-Op Education Program
- Sponsor of "poop" stations on various rail trails, parks & the Dog Park
- Ontario Veterinary Medical Associated - Board Member
- Grey Bruce Veterinary Associated - Executive Member
- Rotary Club of Port Elgin
- Manager - Chepstow Diamonds Fastball Team
- Port Elgin Minor Ball
We contribute sponsorships and prizes to sports-related organizations that make people and pets healthy while they enjoy our community.
- Port Elgin Minor Hockey
- Blue Devils Fastball Club
- Saugeen Breakers Swim Club
- Port Elgin Minor Ball
- Saugeen Shores Winterhawks
- Chepstow Diamonds Fastball Team
- Chantry Chinook Classic
We contribute to events organized by the volunteers associated with the Canadian Cancer Society, Heart and Stroke Foundation, Rotary Club,Parkinson’ss Society, Liv-A-Little, and Jeff Preston Golf Tournament.
The Pumpkin Fundraiser is a charitable fund account managed by our hospital to be used for pets in our hospital’s community. We encourage and support our hospital to be involved with our local community and help people and pets in need. As a hospital, we are not only a community of veterinary professionals, but also a community of animal lovers who want to help pay it forward to our clients, patients, and people.
Who is Pumpkin? Pumpkin was PEVC’s beloved clinic cat! Many of you likely know who he is and the positive impact he made in the clinic. Unfortunately, he is no longer with us, but his name will be present in years to come during fundraisers.